Corona Virus Update
Tuesday 17th March 2020
UPDATE FOR OUR PATIENTS
Sorry It's a long post
Carlton Dental Care has been working very hard to ensure that we can re-open as soon as it is safe for both our patients and staff.
We are pleased to say that we are now able to offer URGENT ONLY APPOINTMENTS
We will then be introducing a phased approach to the return of face to face dental appointments.
The practice has introduced special measures to ensure the ongoing safety and well being of our patients and staff.
As a patient you will be asked to:-
• Call the practice ONLY if you have one of the following - Severe Pain, Persistent Swelling or Bleeding, or a recent Dental Trauma - You will then be triaged by a Dentist and IF appropriate you will be offered an appointment or a referral to an external urgent dental centre
• You will be asked a series of questions by the Reception Team, on many occasions, to check that you are not displaying any symptoms of Coronavirus or are in a vulnerable or high risk category
• You will be asked to make payment for the appointment over the telephone, (this is to minimise contact and help with social distancing when you arrive at the practice)
• You will be asked to attend your appointment alone, to visit the toilet before you attend, as well as to leave all personal belongings either at home or in your car.
• The door to the practice will be locked when you arrive - you will be asked to call the practice to gain entrance.
• A staff member, wearing appropriate PPE will meet you at the practice door, supply an application of hand gel for you to use, and escort you straight into the surgery. The Dentist and Nurse will already be wearing their PPE, we apologise in advance for any disruption to social interaction that this will necessitate.
• When your appointment is finished - you will be escorted from the practice by one of our team, after again using the provided hand gel. Should further appointments be required - the practice will contact you as soon as we are able to extend our range of treatment options